- Cooking Time: 28 to 34
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (fresh, jarred and drained, or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil and a little extra for the artichokes
- 1/4 lb. pancetta, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (I used pinot grigio)
- 1 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo
- 3 cups swiss chard, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the artichoke hearts with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast them for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet or saute pan, and then add the oil. Add the pancetta, cooking over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. To the pan, add the chopped onion and saute until tender. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Increase the heat slightly and add the wine. Cook until the wine has almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken broth and bring to a light boil. Stir in the orzo and reduce the heat. Simmer, covered, about 8 minutes or until done. Add the roasted artichokes, pancetta, and swiss chard to the pan. Cover, turn off the heat, and let stand a couple minutes or until the swiss chard wilts. Season to taste.
NotesAlso on my blog: http://ellysaysopa.vox.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More