- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth*
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to shallow bowl.
- Garnish with basil sprigs.
- *I was out of chicken broth so I just used water and chicken bullion.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Food Travels Through Italy
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More