- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth*
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to shallow bowl.
Garnish with basil sprigs.
*I was out of chicken broth so I just used water and chicken bullion.