- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- • flour for dredging
- • 6 – 6 ½ ounce veal shanks (185 g each)
- • ½ cup olive oil (125 mL)
- • 1 carrot, chopped
- • 1 celery stalk, chopped
- • 1 onion, chopped
- • 1 clove garlic, pressed
- • 1 cup white wine (250 mL)
- • 1 tbsp tomato paste (15 mL)
- • 2 cups water, beef or chicken stock (500 mL)
- preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- Roll the veal in flour.
- Sauté veal in foaming oil.
- Add the carrot, celery, onion and garlic, sautéing until slightly coloured.
- Add the dry white wine, tomato paste, salt and pepper and stock.
- Place in covered casserole, and bake approximately 2 ½ hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More