- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Preparation Time:
- 4 veal shanks - 2 inches thick
- 2 small onions; chopped
- 4 carrots; chopped
- 2 celery stalks; chopped
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 yellow onions; chopped
- 4 c. tomatoes; crushed
- For tomatoe sauce, saute the tomatoes, garlic and yellow onions.
- Salt and pepper the veal.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add veal and cook 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium: add white wine and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to de glaze pan.
- Add carrots, onions, and celery.
- Return veal to pan
- Add tomato sauce.
- Veal should be covered with 1/2 of liquid.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours; turning after 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More