- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Preparation Time:
- 4 veal shanks - 2 inches thick
- 2 small onions; chopped
- 4 carrots; chopped
- 2 celery stalks; chopped
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 yellow onions; chopped
- 4 c. tomatoes; crushed
- For tomatoe sauce, saute the tomatoes, garlic and yellow onions.
- Salt and pepper the veal.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add veal and cook 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium: add white wine and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to de glaze pan.
- Add carrots, onions, and celery.
- Return veal to pan
- Add tomato sauce.
- Veal should be covered with 1/2 of liquid.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours; turning after 1 hour.
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More