- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Preparation Time:
- 4 veal shanks - 2 inches thick
- 2 small onions; chopped
- 4 carrots; chopped
- 2 celery stalks; chopped
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 yellow onions; chopped
- 4 c. tomatoes; crushed
- For tomatoe sauce, saute the tomatoes, garlic and yellow onions.
- Salt and pepper the veal.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add veal and cook 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium: add white wine and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to de glaze pan.
- Add carrots, onions, and celery.
- Return veal to pan
- Add tomato sauce.
- Veal should be covered with 1/2 of liquid.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours; turning after 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More