- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Preparation Time:
- 4 veal shanks - 2 inches thick
- 2 small onions; chopped
- 4 carrots; chopped
- 2 celery stalks; chopped
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 yellow onions; chopped
- 4 c. tomatoes; crushed
- For tomatoe sauce, saute the tomatoes, garlic and yellow onions.
- Salt and pepper the veal.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add veal and cook 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium: add white wine and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to de glaze pan.
- Add carrots, onions, and celery.
- Return veal to pan
- Add tomato sauce.
- Veal should be covered with 1/2 of liquid.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours; turning after 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More