- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ostrich steaks
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- Fresh snow peas, cooked until crunchy tenter.
- Heat large heavy skillet over medium heat five minutes. Place steaks in skillet eight to ten minutes, turning once, until juices run clear. In small pan, dissolve cornstarch in cold broth. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about one minute. Stir in thyme and bay leaf. Lower heat to medium and reduce liquid by half. Stir in honey and peppercorns. Cook three minutes, stirring occasionally. discard bay leaf. Serve over fresh crunchy snow peas. Spoon sauce over steaks.
NotesThe ostrich meat tasted to me like a softer rendition of pork and is mildy sweet and pepperish from the sauce.
The NourishFull Kitchen
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More