- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ostrich steaks
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- Fresh snow peas, cooked until crunchy tenter.
- Heat large heavy skillet over medium heat five minutes. Place steaks in skillet eight to ten minutes, turning once, until juices run clear. In small pan, dissolve cornstarch in cold broth. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about one minute. Stir in thyme and bay leaf. Lower heat to medium and reduce liquid by half. Stir in honey and peppercorns. Cook three minutes, stirring occasionally. discard bay leaf. Serve over fresh crunchy snow peas. Spoon sauce over steaks.
NotesThe ostrich meat tasted to me like a softer rendition of pork and is mildy sweet and pepperish from the sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More