OTTO'S BEER CHEESE SOUP
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 chopped medium sized yellow onion
- At least 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- At least 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) beer of choice (recommended: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Blind Pig)
- 7 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 7 ounces processed Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage (recommended: Otto's Smoked Polish Ring)
- Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, carrot, and celery. Saute until softened. Add flour. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add chicken broth and beer. Heat until it comes to a boil. Slowly add cheese while stirring until just boiling and smooth. Add half-and-half, salt, dry mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook until soup has thickened. Cut smoked sausage into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a saucepan. Saute sausage over medium heat until heated through. It will probably take about 5 to 7 minutes. Add sausage to the soup, transfer to a large serving bowl and serve hot.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
NotesMy sister makes this beer cheese soup and it is amazing!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More