- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup raw peanuts (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup white Karo syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Using a 2-qt microwave-safe covered dish, combine the raw peanuts, granulated white sugar, white Karo syrup and salt together in this container, until well mixed. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, remove cover and mix well. Microwave on high for 4 minutes longer. Add the butter and vanilla extract, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes longer. Add baking soda, and stir all ingredients together. Your mixture will now appear light and kinda foamy. Pour ingredients into well-greased baking sheet with raised edges-spread out in a thin layer. Cool completely. Break apart to serve. If you are impatient, 15 minutes, you can eat the peanut brittle. Store peanut brittle in air-tight container.*
- Note:If you heat your baking sheet at about 200F. prior to putting the peanut brittle on this. For some reason, this creates a thin and tender peanut brittle. If you like the hard brittle, don't heat your baking sheet before spreading out your peanut brittle out on it.
- *You can pour this out onto aluminum-foil lined baking sheets-but it makes the bottom of the brittle crinkly looking (something I don't care for, but some people claim it adds additional texture to the brittle!)
NotesI have made many versions of peanut brittle. Surprisingly, this is the fastest and makes the least amount of mess-plus, an added bonus-it tastes the best of all of the recipes that I have tried. We made this for our finance company manager who pushed our loan through, and think we got the loan for all of the foods we made for their staff. They said that they were actually sorry when our loan went through-because then we no longer brought them food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More