- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Cups of Jasmine Rice
- 1 packet of Indofood Nasi Goreng Oriental Fried Rice Mix
- 1 Fresh pineapple
- 1 bunch of shallots
- a handful of sliced bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tble spns of light Soy Sauce
- a good swirl of Sesame oil.
- Cook the rice until just cooked by your preferred method, when cool place in a container in fridge or freezer after lightly fluffing until needed.
- when ready to serve as a meal:-
- Put the Soy Sauce and Sesame oil through your rice and stir - do not over do the sesame oil, add to wok or fry pan, stir in your pack of Nasi Goreng Mix.
- Add the following:-
- Slice and dice your pineapple (use what ever amount suits your family)
- Cut shallots into chunks (white part) and slice some of the green for garnish.
- Slice or dice your bacon (to suite the family tastes)
- Finely slice your onion
- Add to the rice and stir gently.
- In the meantime beat your two eggs place in a pan and cook like a thin omelette, when ready slice into strips for garnish.
- Now your rice is heated through. serve garnished with green shallots and egg.
- Serve with chicken or fish and enjoy.
NotesThis rice was served with duck, but chicken or fish makes a wonderful substitute, not to heavy and very healthy with unusal light piquant flavour to it. A fried rice I have found that is loved by adults and children and very morish. The rice is cooked the day before and placed in the freezer, simply cook until just done, do not over cook.
Pop the rice into the microwave until just cooked, freeze or place in fridge till the next day or the when you choose to make the dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More