- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Splenda, granular -- (1/4 to 1/2) to your taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley -- optional
- Use an electric mixer to combine the mustard, Splenda, 1 ½ teaspoons oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whip the mixture for about 30 seconds.
- Pour about 2/3 of the marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate them,
- covered, in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Chill the remaining marinade until later.
- After the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 375F and heat an
- ovenproof frying pan large enough to hold all four breasts and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. (If you don't have an ovenproof frying pan, transfer the chicken to a baking dish) Sear the chicken in the pan for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat but keep chicken in the pan. As the chicken is cooking, in a small frying pan saute the mushrooms in the butter. Brush each seared chicken breast with a little of the reserved "honey" mustard marinade (not the portion that the chicken soaked in) being sure to save a little extra that you can serve on the side later with the dish.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Stack two pieces of cooked bacon, crosswise on each chicken breast. Spoon the sauteed mushrooms onto the bacon, being sure to coat each breast evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese evenly onto each breast followed by 1/4 cup of Cheddar. Bake the pan of prepared chicken breasts for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is
- thoroughly melted and starting to bubble. Sprinkle each breast with 1/2 teaspoon parsley before serving, if desired. Put extra "honey mustard" marinade into a small bowl to serve on the side.
NotesRecipe By:Todd Wilbur....got on his site
or something to that effect....sorry
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More