- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. unsalted butter (4 sticks)
- 1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ozs. unsweetened chocolate
- 6 extra large eggs
- 3 tbs. instant coffee powder
- 2 tbs. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour, divided use
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 cups coarsely diced walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 13X18X1 1/2 cookie sheet pan (jellyroll pan)
- On top of a double boiler, melt together the butter, 1 lb chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Toss the walnuts and 2 cups chocolate chips in the remaining 1/4 cup flour to coat.
- Add to batter.
- Bake for about 30 min. or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Halfway through the baking, take the pan and rap against the oven shelf to allow air to escape.
- DO NOT over bake.
- Cool and refrigerate for 2 hrs before cutting into squares...this makes them cut neatly.
NotesMy granddaughter, Makayla, unlike most kids, has never been a sweet eater, give her a piece of fruit any time....however, when it comes to brownies...that's an entirely different story. On her birthdays, she always asks me to make her brownies. This is by far the best brownie recipe I have come across. I have to leave out the nuts for Makayla...
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More