OUTRAGOUS CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until almost melted; do not overheat. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheets 10 minutes; with a thin metal spatula, transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Using 1 level tablespoon per cookie, roll dough into balls. Drop onto prepared sheets, at least 1 inch apart. Garnish each cookie with a reserved almond (page 100). In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water; brush over cookies (discard excess white).
NotesSaw this recipe on PBS on Everyday Food. It was a special on comfort food... and let me tell you, they are comforting and amazing! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More