- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Bell peppers, halved (buy 5; only boil 4 and dice the other one)
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes wtih green chilies
- 1 can cr. mushroom soup
- 3 c. cooked long grain rice
- 1 T. butter
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced (as mentioned above)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Velveeta cheese slices
- Brown the one bell pepper with the onion in the butter. Saute. Then, add hamburger meat and brown. Drain off excess oil and set aside. In a big pot, after gutting the peppers, boil some water and add peppers.
- (You CAN boil until peppers are tender (but not mushy) then take them out, I don't like mine boiled but if you do go ahead). Put on a cookie sheet or deep pan. Add mushroom soup, Ro-Tel tomatoes, rice and seasonings to the hamburger mixture. Stir and stuff into peppers.
- Slice Velveeta cheese and put a thick slice on top of each pepper half.
Jean’s Recipe File
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More