- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe originally came from the Bertolli Olive Oil people - it's so simple, and really delicious.
- 3 cups tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 strip orange zest, cut into thin slivers
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (I've left this out and it's still good)
- 4 portions firm white fish fillets, such as cod, flounder, or tilapia
- 2 T julienned basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the tomatoes, onion, orange zest, oil, garlic, and thyme in shallow baking dish. Bake until the vegetables begin to brown around edges, about 25 minutes. Tuck the fish fillets into the sauce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon some tomatoes over the fish. Bake until fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves.