- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small eggplant (about 6 ounces), unpeeled and thinly sliced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spread the olive oil in the bottom of a 12-inch well-seasoned cast iron skillet. Arrange the potato and onion slices in the skillet and sprinkle with garlic, salt & pepper. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the mushroom and eggplant slices, and spray with the cooking spray. Continue to bake for 10 minutes more.
- Add the tomato slices, herbs, and cheese. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and, using a knife, slightly move the layers of vegetables to allow the eggs to flow to the bottom.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, until the omelet is puffed, golden brown, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (Do not overcook; omelet should be firm but not dry). Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Makes 6 servings
NotesThis also makes a good supper, just add some garlic bread & a salad.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More