Oven Baked or Grilled Packet Potatoes
2-3 large potatoes, washed and thinly sliced with peels left on
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and rings separated
1 small bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise (optional)
4 teaspoons butter or margarine
pepper (Or any other seasoning that appeals to you at the time)
1. Tear off enough foil that when its folded over the potatoes, you can still seal all openings.
2. Toss the potato slices, bell pepper and the onion rings with seasonings in a large bowl.
3. Place 2 Tablespoons of butter on 1 half of the foil.
4. Top the butter with the seasoned potato and onion mixture.
5. Place the rest of the butter on top of potatoes.
6. Close foil over the potatoes and fold the edges all around to completely seal in all the ingredients.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or grill for about an hour on the grill, turning often.
8. Serve with addition butter and sour cream if desired.
Pairs Well With
Once you have these potatoes, you will never bake another potato. These are so good served just as you would a baked potato.