- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 to 4 lbs spareribs or back ribs
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Basting Sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt ribs; place in shallow roasting pan meaty side up. Roast at 450° about 30 minutes. Drain excess fat from pan. Top each piece of ribs with a slice of lemon and a slice of onion.
- Make Basting Sauce: Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over ribs, Lower temperature to 350°. bake until well done, about 1 1/2 hrs. If sauce gets too thick, add more water. Makes 4 servings.
NotesThis is a recipe I have made for many years. It came from the 1962 souvenir edition of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More