- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 to 4 lbs spareribs or back ribs
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Basting Sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt ribs; place in shallow roasting pan meaty side up. Roast at 450° about 30 minutes. Drain excess fat from pan. Top each piece of ribs with a slice of lemon and a slice of onion.
- Make Basting Sauce: Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over ribs, Lower temperature to 350°. bake until well done, about 1 1/2 hrs. If sauce gets too thick, add more water. Makes 4 servings.
NotesThis is a recipe I have made for many years. It came from the 1962 souvenir edition of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
Camp Nubar Baking Class
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More