- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head cauliflower cut into flowerets.
- 2-3 eggs, depending on size of cauliflower.
- 1-1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese
- Light olive oil for cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat eggs in small bowl. Place bread crumbs & cheese in gallon ziplock bag. Throw a few flowerets into bowl of eggs. (You can pour the eggs into a ziplock bag too)Coat completely. Drop into bag of bread crumb mixture; coat. Repeat. Pour about 1/4 olive oil in large cookie sheet & place in oven for about 5 minutes or until hot. This can be done while you are coating flowerets. Place flowerets on cookie sheet & bake about 8 min or until browned. Turn flowerets over & repeat until browned all over. Remove & place in serving dish.
- These are good even cold. If you like, you can squeeze some lemon juice on them, too. I don't place them on a paper towel lined dish but you can if you want.
- I hope you like these as much as my family does.
NotesMy grandmother used to make this. When I was a kid, I only would eat cauliflower prepared like this. Of course, I'm older & much (?) wiser & will eat it anyway it's prepared. My grandaughter loves this! The directions aren't precise, as I do this "by eye".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Italy or Bust
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More