- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 12
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper (or however much you want to give it some "kick")
- 2 eggs
- 12 pieces chicken (about 4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 shallow roasting pans with aluminum foil. Coat with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Crush cornflake crumbs however finely you want. I don't make it too fine because the chicken comes out crispier that way.
- Mix together cornflake crumbs, Parmesan, salt and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Lightly beat eggs in shallow glass dish.
- Dip each chicken piece in egg and then roll in cornflake crumbs to coat. Place on prepared pans. Lightly coat chicken with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven, without turning, for 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 180 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.
- Note: You may use white or dark chicken, boneless or bone-in, skinless or with skin... it's always delicious! Enjoy :)
NotesI swear by this recipe because the crushed cornflake crumbs make the chicken so crispy... I love it! And the fact that it's oven-fried is the kicker. It's lower in fat than when compared to deep frying and it also means less time in the kitchen :)
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Sharing Christmas with Friends
culinary karmaSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More