- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 12
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper (or however much you want to give it some "kick")
- 2 eggs
- 12 pieces chicken (about 4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 shallow roasting pans with aluminum foil. Coat with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Crush cornflake crumbs however finely you want. I don't make it too fine because the chicken comes out crispier that way.
- Mix together cornflake crumbs, Parmesan, salt and cayenne pepper in large bowl. Lightly beat eggs in shallow glass dish.
- Dip each chicken piece in egg and then roll in cornflake crumbs to coat. Place on prepared pans. Lightly coat chicken with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven, without turning, for 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 180 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.
- Note: You may use white or dark chicken, boneless or bone-in, skinless or with skin... it's always delicious! Enjoy :)
NotesI swear by this recipe because the crushed cornflake crumbs make the chicken so crispy... I love it! And the fact that it's oven-fried is the kicker. It's lower in fat than when compared to deep frying and it also means less time in the kitchen :)
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Simple Recipes that Work
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Mushroom & Nut Pate
Chuck's Pumpkin Cup Pie: Pushing DaisiesSee More