OVEN-FRIED PARMESAN CHICKEN
Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 pounds meaty chicken pieces, skinned (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Snipped fresh oregano (optional)
Preheat oven to 375F. Grease two large shallow baking pans; set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
Dip chicken pieces into egg product mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces don't touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with melted butter.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170° F for breasts; 180° F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Immediately transfer chicken to a covered container; serve within 1 hour. (Or cover and chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.) If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano
Refrigerated egg product and fat-free milk make this Parmesan cheese-crusted chicken an ideal dinnertime headliner for your daily meal plan