- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is taken from Diabetic Living. Ever since being diagnosed with diabetes I have been looking for meals that will help my sugar levels, but also both my dh and I will eat.
Refrigerated egg product and fat-free milk make this Parmesan cheese-crusted chicken an ideal dinnertime headliner for your daily meal plan
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 pounds meaty chicken pieces, skinned (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Snipped fresh oregano (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease two large shallow baking pans; set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg product mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces don't touch. Drizzle chicken pieces with melted butter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170° F for breasts; 180° F for thighs and drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. Immediately transfer chicken to a covered container; serve within 1 hour. (Or cover and chill chicken; transport in an insulated container with ice packs.) If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano