- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar blend (such as SPLENDA)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- COMBINE sugar blend, ketchup, rum, lime juice, butter, ginger, coffee granules and allspice in small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; stir until coffee and sugar blend are dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
- TRIM chicken of any visible fat. With sharp knife, make two diagonal slits about 1/2-inch deep on the top side of each breast.
- COMBINE garlic, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture all over chicken. Arrange chicken slit-side-up on rack in shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- PREHEAT broiler.
- BROIL chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; coat with reserved glaze. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over again; coat with glaze. Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are sizzling and brown
NotesDelicious glaze of Coffee & Rum, the chicken will melt in your mouth. Put on your favorite calypso or Jimmy CD and serve with a side of rice.
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More