- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 large quince ca 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- 2.5 c sugar
- 3.5 c water
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 peace of cinnamon ( ca 5 cm = 2")
- 3 ts ground cinnamon
- 3 ts sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Scrub quince with a hard brush, cut in 4 pieces and scoop out core and seeds.
- Cook water and sugar, with core and seeds ca 10 min, let cool and strain, keep the syrup.
- Pin a clove in each piece of quince,put in an oven tray, add syrup, honey,cinnamon stick and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle pieces with sugar and ground cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C (355 F) for 2 hours.
- Syrup left we let cool.
- Top each piece quince with 1 tbs syrup and 1 tbs drained yoghurt or whipping cream.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Italy or Bust
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More