- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 large quince ca 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- 2.5 c sugar
- 3.5 c water
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 peace of cinnamon ( ca 5 cm = 2")
- 3 ts ground cinnamon
- 3 ts sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Scrub quince with a hard brush, cut in 4 pieces and scoop out core and seeds.
- Cook water and sugar, with core and seeds ca 10 min, let cool and strain, keep the syrup.
- Pin a clove in each piece of quince,put in an oven tray, add syrup, honey,cinnamon stick and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle pieces with sugar and ground cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C (355 F) for 2 hours.
- Syrup left we let cool.
- Top each piece quince with 1 tbs syrup and 1 tbs drained yoghurt or whipping cream.
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More