- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 large quince ca 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- 2.5 c sugar
- 3.5 c water
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 peace of cinnamon ( ca 5 cm = 2")
- 3 ts ground cinnamon
- 3 ts sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Scrub quince with a hard brush, cut in 4 pieces and scoop out core and seeds.
- Cook water and sugar, with core and seeds ca 10 min, let cool and strain, keep the syrup.
- Pin a clove in each piece of quince,put in an oven tray, add syrup, honey,cinnamon stick and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle pieces with sugar and ground cinnamon and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C (355 F) for 2 hours.
- Syrup left we let cool.
- Top each piece quince with 1 tbs syrup and 1 tbs drained yoghurt or whipping cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
MetroCooking DC 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More