- Cooking Time: 40 +/-
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3 medium red bliss potatoes, about 1 pound
- 2T olive oil
- 1T +/- fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Wash the spuds. Leaving the skin on, cut them in chunks. It's not necessary to have all the chunks the same shape, just roughly the same size. Place the spuds in a large bowl. Mince the rosemary and garlic, add to the spuds.
- Add the olive oil, and liberally add the salt and pepper. Yes...I said liberally.
- Using your hands, toss everything real well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour out the spuds onto the pan in one layer. Roast about 20 minutes, turn the spuds, return to oven. After another 20 minutes or so, check again. You want to have a well-browned, semi-crunchy outside and an ooooh soooo smooth inside. When they're at the point where you like them, they're ready to serve.
- Notes: If you're roasting something else at 350, roast these at the same time...it won't make much difference to the finished dish. The longer you roast this, the more intense the flavor become, and the tougher the skin gets.
NotesJust about every chef I know has a variation of this recipe and I have yet to come across one I haven't liked. It's easy to prepare, very forgiving on the chef and adds something special to a simple evening meal or special dinner for guests.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More