OVEN-ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 rutabaga, cut in 1 inch pieces (OR 8 small potatoes, cut in quarters)
- 6 rabioles, cut in quarters (OR 1 kohlrabi OR 2-3 potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 or 2 onions, peeled and cut in quarters
- 2 garic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme (oor 1-2 Tbsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon (OR 1/4 cup of orange juice)
- 1/4 cup of oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
Preheat oven at 400 degrees Farenheit.
Add carrots, rutabaga, rabioles, squash, onions, and garlic to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Add thyme, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine so the veggies are evenly coated with the seasoning mixture.
Transfer vegetables to a large baking sheet. If vegetables are overlapping too much, use 2 baking trays.
Roast vegetables until tender and golden, stirring vegetables occasionally, about 45 minutes.
Website Credit: http://www.cbc.ca/inthekitchen/2011/10/oven-roasted-root-vegetable-medley.html