- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 rutabaga, cut in 1 inch pieces (OR 8 small potatoes, cut in quarters)
- 6 rabioles, cut in quarters (OR 1 kohlrabi OR 2-3 potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 or 2 onions, peeled and cut in quarters
- 2 garic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme (oor 1-2 Tbsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon (OR 1/4 cup of orange juice)
- 1/4 cup of oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Add carrots, rutabaga, rabioles, squash, onions, and garlic to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add thyme, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine so the veggies are evenly coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Transfer vegetables to a large baking sheet. If vegetables are overlapping too much, use 2 baking trays.
- Roast vegetables until tender and golden, stirring vegetables occasionally, about 45 minutes.
NotesThis is a quick and perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. It is also great, of course, served on any cool Fall/Winter day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More