- Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 5 lbs pounds boneless beef rib roast (Bigger roast will lengthen cooking time)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- DRY RUB:
- Kosher Salt (To your taste)
- 2 tablespoon of Onion Salt
- 2 tablespoon of Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon of Paprika
- 2 tablespoon of Cracked Black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon of Thyme
- 2 Garlic cloves; Peeled and sliced into chips
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Wash and dry the meat with paper towel.
- Rub extra virgin olive oil on the meat.
- Put small slices into the meat and insert garlic slivers.
- Mix the spices together and rub them on the meat.
- Once roast is seasoned, place roast in large skillet and lightly sear on all sides of the meat until meat is browned all over.
- Remove from heat.
- Stand the roast fat side up in a roasting pan on roasting rack.
- Do not rest meat on bottom of pan.
- Cook 5lb roast at 500 degrees for 60 min.
- **DO NOT OPEN OVEN DURING THE 1ST 60 MIN OF COOKING.**
- After initial cooking time, check with thermometer for meat doneness. (Thermometer should read at least 145 degrees for medium doneness.)
- **SKIP THIS STEP IF YOUR MEAT IS DONE** OTHERWISE Cook at additional 15 min. increments checking with thermometer after each increment until desired doneness.
- **MY 5LB. PRIME RIB COOKED AT 500 DEGREES FOR 1.5 HOURS FOR MEDIUM DONENESS TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF HOW LONG TO COOK YOUR MEAT.**
- **LET MEAT REST FOR 5 MIN BEFORE SLICING.**
NotesEvery meat eater will love this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More