- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWe were looking for a "fried" chicken recipe with less saturated fat and calories, and found this great recipe.
Serve with cooked red potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Calories 216; Fat 3.7 grams (Saturated fat 1 gram, mono 1 gram, poly 0.8 gram)Protein 31.7 grams; Carb 9 grams; Cholestrol 95 mg; Sodium 439 mg; Calcium 39 mg.
Bon Appetit! Smaaklijk Eten! Selamat Makan!
- 4 chicken breasts, deboned and skinned
- 1/3 cup low fat 2% milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Combine spices and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl.
- Combine milk and parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts one at a time in milk mixture, dredge into breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken in 400ºF oven for 35 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.