- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 8
BackstoryAnother Tom Douglas meal I had to recreate
- 1/2 cup diced bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup cup up crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup Kalmata olives
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 pounds clams
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
- In an oven proof fry pan cook bacon
- till crispy,add olive oil,mushrooms and garlic cook about 2 minutes.
- add butter,wine,tomatoes,olives and thyme, stir until butter melts and liquid is boiling.
- Add clams and squeeze 2 wedges of lemon. Cover pan
- Put into a 500 degree oven and bake until clams pop open, 10-15 minutes
- Ladle clam mixuture and juice into bowls.
- Serve with lemon wedge and a Hearty garlic bread .