OVEN "FRIED" CHICKEN
- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/3 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- (not salad dressing mayonnaise)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless,skinless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place bread crumbs, sesame seeds, and Parmesan cheese in a large zip-top bag and shake gently to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and poultry seasoning. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of each piece of chicken with the mayonnaise mixture.
Place chicken, one piece at a time, into the bread crumb mixture in the zip-top bag, seal, and shake to coat chicken well. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray chicken evenly with cooking spray.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Carbohydrate: 9 g
Protein: 37 g
Fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Sodium: 446 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 5 very lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1 fat
Carbohydrate choices: 1/2