OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 loaf Italian bread – slice on diagonal cream cheese– about 30 slices
- 1 8oz container cream cheese (strawberry, or honey nut)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Powdered sugar
Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese on one half of the slices
Top with remaining slices
Place in a prepared 9 x 13 pan
In a large bowl beat four eggs, half and half, ½ cup brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon almond extract
Pour evenly over the slices being sure to wet each – you may have to turn some
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
JUST BEFORE BAKING
Combine butter, ¼ c brown sugar, and the ½ teaspoon almond in a glass measure and microwave until butter is melted
Stir until smooth, drizzle over the bread and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, or until brown.
Dust with powdered sugar, serve with fresh fruit.