- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 loaf Italian bread – slice on diagonal cream cheese– about 30 slices
- 1 8oz container cream cheese (strawberry, or honey nut)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Powdered sugar
- Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese on one half of the slices
- Top with remaining slices
- Place in a prepared 9 x 13 pan
- In a large bowl beat four eggs, half and half, ½ cup brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pour evenly over the slices being sure to wet each – you may have to turn some
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- JUST BEFORE BAKING
- Combine butter, ¼ c brown sugar, and the ½ teaspoon almond in a glass measure and microwave until butter is melted
- Stir until smooth, drizzle over the bread and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, or until brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve with fresh fruit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More