- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Steel cut oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packets Splenda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 large granny Smith apple, chopped
- My notes: This works better in a small-ish crockpot, not one of the huge ones. (The reviews on FN.com said that it burns in the larger crocks.) This cooks up so creamy, and is chock full of fruit and nuts.
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.
- Servings: 4 (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
NotesThanks to Lesley on the WW board for adapting the recipe below. Have made it several times and its a great way to start the day. When I make it I omit the nuts as I am not a big fan. Also added some raisins.
Source: Adapted from Alton Brown/FoodNetwork.com recipe