- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis batter cooks up very crispy on the outside and meltingly tender on the inside with a lovely tangy flavor that's worth the effort of setting it up the night before.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (one package)
- 2 cups warm skim milk (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Whisk together water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients except eggs and baking soda.
- Blend until smooth.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- In the morning, whisk in eggs and baking soda and cook following waffle iron directions
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli FamilySee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More