- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (one package)
- 2 cups warm skim milk (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Whisk together water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients except eggs and baking soda.
- Blend until smooth.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- In the morning, whisk in eggs and baking soda and cook following waffle iron directions
NotesThis batter cooks up very crispy on the outside and meltingly tender on the inside with a lovely tangy flavor that's worth the effort of setting it up the night before.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More