- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 6 carrots, chopped to 1"
- 1/2 c. frozen peas, cooked
- 2 small onions, sliced in half twice
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 - 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 scrambled eggs
- Put vegetables (except peas) and chicken in pan and water just to cover. Cook until carrots are done. Add seasonings.
- Cook until it boils down a bit, lower the heat. Pour eggs over the top and peas over the top of the eggs.
- Cover and cook just until the eggs are hard.
- Serve with rice.
NotesThis is an authentic Asian recipe that was prepared and shared for our family many years ago. My sister was a student at Iowa State University in the early 80's, and over Christmas one year, she invited a fellow student who was attending school from Japan to our home for the holidays. The student, Mayumi, would have spent Christmas alone, so we very much welcomed her to our home. She in gratitude prepared this dish that was fabulous, and is a perfect memory of sharing our Christmas with a friend from another culture. She also educated us about rice, that it shouldn't be light and fluffy, but rather sticky for Asian dishes to enable using chopsticks!
Submitted by: "Mary Jo Jensen"
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More