- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 14 TB of unsalted butter (Divided) (OK, so this is not a diet recipe)
- 1 1/2 quarts shucked oysters with the liquore reserved
- 3 Shallots Chopped Fine
- 1 1/2 tsp Tamari
- 1/2 tsp Wasabi Powder
- 1 cup Chopped Flat Leaf (Italian) Parsley (divided)
- 1 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups of Saltine Crackers (Roughly Crumbled)
- 4 TB of Half and Half
- Butter a 10 inch pie dish.
- Heat oven to 450
- Drain oysters and reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid.
- Melt 3 TB of the butter in a skillet and sweat the shallots until soft. (About 3 minutes)
- Stir in the Tamari and the Wasabi powder.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the oysters, 1/4 cup of parsley, Salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the remaining Parsley with the cracker crumbs.
- Melt the remaining 11TB of butter and add to the cracker mixture.
- In a small bowl or 1 cup measuring pitcher combine the 1/3 cup of oyster liquore and the Half and Half.
- Assembly: Spread a thin layer of crumbs over the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Spread 1/3 of the oyster mixture.
- Cover with 1/2 cup of the cracker mixture.
- Drizzle with 1/3 of the oyster liquid.
- Spread 1/2 of the remaining Oysters.
- Another 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs.
- Drizzle with 1/2 of the remaining oyster liquid.
- Spread remaining oyster mixture.
- Top with remaining Cracker crumbs
- Drizzle with remaining oyster liquid.
- Bake until Golden Brown (About 25 - 30 minutes)
NotesThe original idea for this came from a TV show, although it was so long ago I can't, for the life of me, remember who it was. It might have been Burt Wolf or the Frugal Gourmet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More