- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 14 TB of unsalted butter (Divided) (OK, so this is not a diet recipe)
- 1 1/2 quarts shucked oysters with the liquore reserved
- 3 Shallots Chopped Fine
- 1 1/2 tsp Tamari
- 1/2 tsp Wasabi Powder
- 1 cup Chopped Flat Leaf (Italian) Parsley (divided)
- 1 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups of Saltine Crackers (Roughly Crumbled)
- 4 TB of Half and Half
- Butter a 10 inch pie dish.
- Heat oven to 450
- Drain oysters and reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid.
- Melt 3 TB of the butter in a skillet and sweat the shallots until soft. (About 3 minutes)
- Stir in the Tamari and the Wasabi powder.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the oysters, 1/4 cup of parsley, Salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the remaining Parsley with the cracker crumbs.
- Melt the remaining 11TB of butter and add to the cracker mixture.
- In a small bowl or 1 cup measuring pitcher combine the 1/3 cup of oyster liquore and the Half and Half.
- Assembly: Spread a thin layer of crumbs over the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Spread 1/3 of the oyster mixture.
- Cover with 1/2 cup of the cracker mixture.
- Drizzle with 1/3 of the oyster liquid.
- Spread 1/2 of the remaining Oysters.
- Another 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs.
- Drizzle with 1/2 of the remaining oyster liquid.
- Spread remaining oyster mixture.
- Top with remaining Cracker crumbs
- Drizzle with remaining oyster liquid.
- Bake until Golden Brown (About 25 - 30 minutes)
NotesThe original idea for this came from a TV show, although it was so long ago I can't, for the life of me, remember who it was. It might have been Burt Wolf or the Frugal Gourmet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More