- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12x1 cm/1/2 in thick slices country-style bread
- 3 cloves garlic, halved (optional)
- 6 soft, vine-ripened tomatoes
- olive oil
- paper-thin slices cured ham (optional)
- Toast the bread under a hot grill or on a barbecue grid over glowing coals.
- While warm, rub each slice on one side with a cut garlic clove.
- Halve the tomatoes crosswise and rub each side of the toast with a tomato half, allowing the juice, seeds and pulp to soak into the bread.
- Pour on a little olive oil and season with salt. Serve topped with ham if desired.
NotesThis is a very typical dish from Catalonia, one of the autonomous regions of Spain. It's usually served with cured ham or with a great variety of cold meats and it can be eaten at any time of the day :)
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More