- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12x1 cm/1/2 in thick slices country-style bread
- 3 cloves garlic, halved (optional)
- 6 soft, vine-ripened tomatoes
- olive oil
- paper-thin slices cured ham (optional)
- Toast the bread under a hot grill or on a barbecue grid over glowing coals.
- While warm, rub each slice on one side with a cut garlic clove.
- Halve the tomatoes crosswise and rub each side of the toast with a tomato half, allowing the juice, seeds and pulp to soak into the bread.
- Pour on a little olive oil and season with salt. Serve topped with ham if desired.
NotesThis is a very typical dish from Catalonia, one of the autonomous regions of Spain. It's usually served with cured ham or with a great variety of cold meats and it can be eaten at any time of the day :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More