- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup A-P Flour
- 1/4 Cup sweet Butter (Unsalted)
- 1 TB Confectioners sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp ICE water
- Slice butter into thin slices and "cut" into flour and confectioners sugar with tips of fingers.
- Mix cold yolk with ice water and add to flour/butter mixture.
- Quickly pull into a dough.
- Either roll out immediately or draw into a ball and flatten to a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until needed.
- This dough can be pressed into a pie dish or tart pan, it need not be rolled.
NotesThis is not exactly Pâte Sucrée, at least not by the official French definition and method, but it works well for tart shells.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More