- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is not exactly Pâte Sucrée, at least not by the official French definition and method, but it works well for tart shells.
- 1 cup A-P Flour
- 1/4 Cup sweet Butter (Unsalted)
- 1 TB Confectioners sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp ICE water
- Slice butter into thin slices and "cut" into flour and confectioners sugar with tips of fingers.
- Mix cold yolk with ice water and add to flour/butter mixture.
- Quickly pull into a dough.
- Either roll out immediately or draw into a ball and flatten to a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until needed.
- This dough can be pressed into a pie dish or tart pan, it need not be rolled.