- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup A-P Flour
- 1/4 Cup sweet Butter (Unsalted)
- 1 TB Confectioners sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp ICE water
- Slice butter into thin slices and "cut" into flour and confectioners sugar with tips of fingers.
- Mix cold yolk with ice water and add to flour/butter mixture.
- Quickly pull into a dough.
- Either roll out immediately or draw into a ball and flatten to a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill until needed.
- This dough can be pressed into a pie dish or tart pan, it need not be rolled.
NotesThis is not exactly Pâte Sucrée, at least not by the official French definition and method, but it works well for tart shells.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More