- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- leftover whole wheat pasta
- asparagus, cut up
- eggplant, diced into large pieces
- zucchini, sliced
- snow peas
- red pepper, sliced
- Strips of carrot (add at the end since they are very thin)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 cup of chicken broth (I used water with Better than Bouillion added to it) I microwaved it to dissolve the bouillion
- About 1/2 cup of skim milk
- About 1/4 cup of Parm cheese
- Fresh basil and parsley, to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat EVOO in large frying pan.
Sautee the veggies until cooked. Do not over cook
Add salt and pepper.
Add flour and stir
Add the broth and stir
Add the milk and stir. This will make a light sauce.
Add the strips of carrot, basil, parsley and parm cheese. Stir.
Reheat the leftover pasta and add to veggie mixture. Toss.
You might want to add additional parm cheese.
I am guilty of not eating enough veggies, so this was a great recipe and a healthy one.
Would go perfectly in a Weight Watchers program.