- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- leftover whole wheat pasta
- asparagus, cut up
- eggplant, diced into large pieces
- zucchini, sliced
- snow peas
- red pepper, sliced
- Strips of carrot (add at the end since they are very thin)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 cup of chicken broth (I used water with Better than Bouillion added to it) I microwaved it to dissolve the bouillion
- About 1/2 cup of skim milk
- About 1/4 cup of Parm cheese
- Fresh basil and parsley, to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat EVOO in large frying pan.
- Sautee the veggies until cooked. Do not over cook
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add flour and stir
- Add the broth and stir
- Add the milk and stir. This will make a light sauce.
- Add the strips of carrot, basil, parsley and parm cheese. Stir.
- Reheat the leftover pasta and add to veggie mixture. Toss.
- You might want to add additional parm cheese.
NotesI had some leftover whole wheat pasta and many fresh veggies that I needed to use before it was too late. This was inspired by Ellie Krieger of the Food Network. It was just delicious. You could very easily clean and prepare many of the veggies in the evening for the next night's dinner. Use the veggies that you like and the amounts you want.
I am guilty of not eating enough veggies, so this was a great recipe and a healthy one.
Would go perfectly in a Weight Watchers program.