- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large marshmallow per potato ball
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them.
- Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball.
- Roll the balls in the coconut mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More