- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups corn OR rice chex cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted OR cocktail peanuts, if desired
- Grease 9-inch by 13 inch pan.
- In bowl, measure cereal and peanuts together. Set aside.
- Mix corn syrup and sugar in saucepan. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Quickly pour over cereal. Spread in prepared pan. Cool and cut in bars.
- NOTE: If you like your bars a little more gooey, use heaping cups of corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter.
NotesThis is another family favorite recipe. I usually use Rice Chex, but other cereals can be used, too. (Special K, Corn Chex, Corn Flakes, etc.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More