- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryNuts and seeds are such little protein powerhouses that I can't think of any reason not to include them in my son's diet. If you are ready to give nuts to your little, this recipe is perfect for a snack that includes protein and fruit, and it's delicious. It's actually like Baby Crack. If you aren't ready, bookmark this one for later, because it'll be a huge hit.
I made these based on the fact that I'm obsessed with Lara bars and have meant to make my own for ages. The name is a bit deceiving, because they actually don't include peanut butter. They taste like they do, though!
- 10 oz. pitted dried dates
- 1/2 cup dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Place everything in a food processor and pulse until a ball forms.
- Using a one inch cookie scoop (or fine, use a spoon) scoop into balls and roll in your palms.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and chill for an hour.
- Then you can transfer them to a container without them sticking to each other and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze them if you won't eat them that fast.
- Depending on how many teeth your kiddo has, you may want to let them come to room temperature and break into smaller pieces before serving!
- Substitute almonds for the cashews and apricots for the strawberries. That's my favorite:)
- You can also use raisins, cranberries, prunes, dried pineapple with coconut...