- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 oz. pitted dried dates
- 1/2 cup dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Place everything in a food processor and pulse until a ball forms.
- Using a one inch cookie scoop (or fine, use a spoon) scoop into balls and roll in your palms.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and chill for an hour.
- Then you can transfer them to a container without them sticking to each other and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze them if you won't eat them that fast.
- Depending on how many teeth your kiddo has, you may want to let them come to room temperature and break into smaller pieces before serving!
- Substitute almonds for the cashews and apricots for the strawberries. That's my favorite:)
- You can also use raisins, cranberries, prunes, dried pineapple with coconut...
NotesNuts and seeds are such little protein powerhouses that I can't think of any reason not to include them in my son's diet. If you are ready to give nuts to your little, this recipe is perfect for a snack that includes protein and fruit, and it's delicious. It's actually like Baby Crack. If you aren't ready, bookmark this one for later, because it'll be a huge hit.
I made these based on the fact that I'm obsessed with Lara bars and have meant to make my own for ages. The name is a bit deceiving, because they actually don't include peanut butter. They taste like they do, though!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More