- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. AP flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, room temp.
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Strawberry Jam
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 f degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, blend 3/4 of the peanut butter with the room temperature butter on medium speed.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat till smooth, approx. 5 minutes.
- Beat in the egg until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookies sheets. Using your thumb, gently dent the center of the cookies.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp. of the strawberry jelly into each center.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Remove to a cookie rack and cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter and the confectioners' sugar.
- With a fork or whisk, stir mixture while adding the milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches a good consistency for piping.
- Using a resealable bag with a tiny corner cut off, pipe the frosting over the cookies.
Notes"I found this recipe in the Rachel Ray food magazine. The flavors aren't just for little kids-- these are truly delicious and pretty little cookies."
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Cooking with Sabra
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More