- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. AP flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, room temp.
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Strawberry Jam
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 f degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, blend 3/4 of the peanut butter with the room temperature butter on medium speed.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat till smooth, approx. 5 minutes.
- Beat in the egg until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookies sheets. Using your thumb, gently dent the center of the cookies.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp. of the strawberry jelly into each center.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Remove to a cookie rack and cool.
- In a small bowl, beat together the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter and the confectioners' sugar.
- With a fork or whisk, stir mixture while adding the milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches a good consistency for piping.
- Using a resealable bag with a tiny corner cut off, pipe the frosting over the cookies.
Notes"I found this recipe in the Rachel Ray food magazine. The flavors aren't just for little kids-- these are truly delicious and pretty little cookies."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More