- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
- 2 c. sugar (a little less if fruit is sweet)
- 2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. self-rising flour
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh peaches, finely chopped or diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- Melt butter in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Heat sugar and water in medium saucepan until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut shortening into flour until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add milk and stir with fork until dough leaves side of bowl. Turn onto lightly floured surface or pastry cloth and knead only until
- Roll dough out to form a large rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread diced peaches over the dough and sprinkle cinnamon over the peaches.
- Roll dough up like a jelly roll. Dampen edge of dough to seal.
- Cut into about 16 slices and place slices in pan of melted butter. Carefully pour sugar syrup over and around rolls. (This will look like too much liquid, but crust will absorb it.)
- Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until most of the juice has been absorbed and the rolls are starting to brown. Remove from oven and let rest about 15 minutes before serving. Delicious cold or hot.
NotesThis is fantastic~! Had a bunch of peaches to use up over the weekend & made this, its so easy & delish~! The only thing I did different was to place each slice into a foil pot pie tin, put a slice of butter in each one then the slice & topped with the syrup. Its like a tiny peach pie sooooo good~!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More