- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- One 9-inch pastry crust, store-bought
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange peaches in bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour over peaches.
- Using a spoon or fork, gently lift peaches, being careful not to pierce the dough, so that custard moves in between and under fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted into custard comes out clean.
- Cool on rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers and, if desired, place individual slices in microwave on high for about 20 seconds or until unchilled.
NotesIt only uses eggs and sugar, no milk. So, it is not a pudding-like custard at all, but more like a French sabayon or Italian zabaglione that is baked rather than cooked.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
MetroCooking DC 2013
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More