- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- One 9-inch pastry crust, store-bought
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange peaches in bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour over peaches.
- Using a spoon or fork, gently lift peaches, being careful not to pierce the dough, so that custard moves in between and under fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted into custard comes out clean.
- Cool on rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers and, if desired, place individual slices in microwave on high for about 20 seconds or until unchilled.
NotesIt only uses eggs and sugar, no milk. So, it is not a pudding-like custard at all, but more like a French sabayon or Italian zabaglione that is baked rather than cooked.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Summertime SippersSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More