- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peaches
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- One 9-inch pastry crust, store-bought
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Arrange peaches in bottom of unbaked pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour over peaches.
- Using a spoon or fork, gently lift peaches, being careful not to pierce the dough, so that custard moves in between and under fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted into custard comes out clean.
- Cool on rack. Serve warm or room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers and, if desired, place individual slices in microwave on high for about 20 seconds or until unchilled.
NotesIt only uses eggs and sugar, no milk. So, it is not a pudding-like custard at all, but more like a French sabayon or Italian zabaglione that is baked rather than cooked.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More