- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teasoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (I use whatever I have on hand)
- 1/2 cup shortening (regular OR butter flavored)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (325 degrees for a convection oven)
- Stir together: Flour, baking soda, salt, and oatmeal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream: Shortening, butter, brown and white sugars, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes OR just starting to brown. Do NOT overbake.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- NOTE: I generally bake the cookies no more than 10 minutes, and the edges are slightly golden. They burn easily.
NotesWhen you take them out of the oven, they look underbaked with only the edges slightly golden. However, don't bake them any longer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More