- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 7 cups peeled, cored and sliced pears
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 5 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup toasted ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the pears, sugar, ginger, candied ginger, cinnamon and cornstarch and mix well. Place in a well greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the chopped bittersweet chocolate.
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- To prepare the crust, place the flour, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla, butter and salt in a large bowl and mix until you form a crumbly crust.
- Top the pears with the crust. Place in the oven and bake about 50 minutes until bubbling and brown. Remove from the oven and cool about 20 minutes serve warm with vanilla ice cream or softly whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More