PEAR-FECT BUTTERSCOTCH AND SUGAR ALMOND BLONDIES
PEAR-FECT BUTTERSCOTCH and SUGAR ALMOND BLONDIES
- Servings: 16
- 1/2 C. Butter or Margarine (not spread)
- 1/2 C. Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 t. Almond Extract
- 3/4 C. All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Bartlett Pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 C. Butterscotch Morsels
- 1/2 C. Blanched Almonds, sliced
- 1 T. Granulated Sugar
Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Cream together butter or margarine and brown sugar.
Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
Add flour and spices. Fold in chopped pear and butterscotch morsels.
Pour into prepared pan.
In a small bowl, mix together sliced almonds and sugar and sprinkle over top of batter.
Bake for 30 minutes until done.