- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 C. Butter or Margarine (not spread)
- 1/2 C. Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 t. Almond Extract
- 3/4 C. All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Bartlett Pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 C. Butterscotch Morsels
- 1/2 C. Blanched Almonds, sliced
- 1 T. Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter or margarine and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add flour and spices. Fold in chopped pear and butterscotch morsels.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together sliced almonds and sugar and sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes until done.
NotesI've always loved the chewy texture of blond brownies. I've created my own version adding pears and a hint of spices and to dress them up a bit some sugared almonds on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More