- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 C. Butter or Margarine (not spread)
- 1/2 C. Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 t. Almond Extract
- 3/4 C. All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Bartlett Pear, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 C. Butterscotch Morsels
- 1/2 C. Blanched Almonds, sliced
- 1 T. Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter or margarine and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add flour and spices. Fold in chopped pear and butterscotch morsels.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together sliced almonds and sugar and sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes until done.
NotesI've always loved the chewy texture of blond brownies. I've created my own version adding pears and a hint of spices and to dress them up a bit some sugared almonds on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More