- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- • 300ml full fat milk
- • 2 medium eggs
- • 125g plain flour
- • 25g butter, melted
- • Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
- • 6 medium pears
- • Large knob of butter
- • 4 tbsp Lyles Golden Syrup
- 1. Put the milk and eggs into a jug and whisk together. Put the flour into a large bowl, and make a hollow in the centre. Gradually pour the milk mixture into the centre, whisking as you pour, continue whisking until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter. Alternatively put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- 2. To cook the pancakes, use a non-stick 18cm/7inch pan for best results. Heat the pan on medium heat until there is a slight haze coming from it. Brush the pan with butter or oil then pour in about 70ml of batter, use a small ladle if available. Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- 3. Cook for about 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake – it should come loose and move in the pan. Either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, then cook for a further minute. Continue to cook the rest of the batter in the same way, cover the pancakes and keep warm while preparing the pear filling.
- 4. Peel and core the pears cut into thick wedges. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and heat until bubbling. Tip in the pears and fry 4-5 minutes until beginning to brown turning every now and then. When golden drizzle over Lyle’s Golden Syrup and heat until bubbling.
- 5. Place a pancake in each serving bowl, divide the pears between, spooning over the buttery syrup and serve with a scoop of ice cream in each.
NotesPancake Day presents the perfect opportunity to entertain and show off your cooking skills to friends and family. Impress your foodie friends by using pancakes as the basis for highly imaginative meals that will delight gourmets and gourmands alike!
Forget the usual boring fillers and try something a little magical this pancake day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More