- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 matzos
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons kosher-for-Passover vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons plus 12 cups chicken stock
- Crumble matzos and soak in warm water. Drain well in colander.
- Grind pecans in food processor so that they still have some crunch to them. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add drained matzos, matzo meal, salt, broth and eggs and mix well. Fold in pecans and parsley. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll mixture into about 20 nickel-size balls. Drop into simmering chicken stock and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes, until they float. Makes about 20 matzo balls or 8 servings of soup
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More