PF CHANG’S CHICKEN IN SOOTHING LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine or red wine
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package Chinese cellophane noodles, cooked to pkg. directions
- COOKING SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or red wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- lettuce leaves, washed and taken off the head but left whole
Mix all ingredients for \\\"cooking sauce\\\" and set aside.
In medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Add chicken and stir to coat thoroughly. Stir in 1 t. oil and let sit for 15 minutes.
Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 T. oil, then add chicken and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
Add 2 T. oil to the pan. Add ginger, garlic, and onion and stir-fry for a minute or so. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts stir-fry an additional 2 minutes. Return chicken to the pan. Add mixed cooking sauce to the pan. Cook until thickened and hot. Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces and cover bottom of serving dish with them. Then pour chicken mixture on top of noodles. Serve alongside lettuce leaves for everyone to take what they want and then spoon into lettuce leaf and roll (like a burrito) individually themselves.