- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 frozen pierogies (potato or potato and cheese)
- 1 can (28 oz. size) crushed tomatoes
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (8 oz. size) mushrooms, sliced ( or fresh )
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or dried red pepper)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare pierogies according to package directions for boiled pierogies, drain.
- In 12-inch skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in oil until soft and golden. Add crushed tomatoes, parsley, pepper and 1/2 cup water. Heat to boiling. Cook 5 minutes. Arrange pierogies and tomato mixture in shallow baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.