- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium, chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the rice and curry powder and stir until the rice is lightly browned and the curry is very aromatic. Turn up the heat to high and stir in the broth and pineapple. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan and simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside for 5 minutes. Just before serving, mix in the almonds and green onions and season to taste with salt
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: 295 calories; 9 g fat; 8 mg cholesterol; 84 mg sodium; 46 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 8 g protein.
NotesThis curry-infused Pineapple Rice Pilaf makes the perfect side dish for any of your favorite meats.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More