- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy friend Roma's version
- 1/2 C uncooked long grain rice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C chopped onion
- 1 teas salt
- 1/2 teas celery salt
- 1/8 teas pepper
- 1/8 teas garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons veg oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingrediants. Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2" balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
- Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worchestershire sauce.
- Pour over meatballs. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Yield 4-6 servings
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-Milwaukee
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More